1/2 Photos of Country Sausage Gravy
The original version of this recipe was passed down from my Grandmother back in Missouri. I've made some improvements. I'll let you figure out what you want to put it on; biscuits are my favorite but this is great on just about anything you might want to put gravy on. I also use Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage and add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes but those are entirely optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet, add finely chop onions and cook over medium-high heat until they become translucent.
- 2Add sausage and cook until done; drain excess, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining dry ingredients.Mix evenly and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
- 3Slowly stir in Worcestershire sauce and milk; bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and cook until gravy reaches desired thickness, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Sausage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.5
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 640.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: