Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is fantastic served over buttermilk biscuits or even toast. You can use different flavors of sausage but I've only ever made it with regular sausage.
- 1 lb pork sausage, ground
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- Brown sausage in a fry pan until browned and drain.
- Stir in milk and bring to a low simmer.
- Mix together softened butter and flour until smooth and slowly stir into sausage mixture.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve over biscuits.