Recipe by luvinlif2k
The Maple flavoring in this recipe adds a nice breakfast twist. Cook time includes 5 hours setting time (can be done overnight).
Top Review by Kathy(
OMG this is to die for! We've had it with maple sausage, and then with half hot sausage and half regular sausage (reduced-fat). I think it's better without the maple sausage, but either way, this recipe is awesome.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 2 cups American cheese, grated (Schreiber's white American is the creamiest)
- 2 lbs maple sausage (bulk, not links)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Scatter browned sausage evenly over top.
- Blend eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk and mustard and pour over ingredients in the pan.
- Refrigerate overnight (or for 5 hours).
- Blend soup and 1/2 cup milk and pour evenly over the top.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 350°F.