Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Country Sausage Breakfast Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g country-style breakfast sausage
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 8 large eggs
- 59.14 ml packaged unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (half of a 17.3 oz. pkg.)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big skillet over med-high heat, brown sausage, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, until cooked through.
- Remove from skillet to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add shallot to skillet; saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms; saute until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add in cheese and sausage to skillet; cook, stirring, until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon into ungreased 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- In same skillet, scramble eggs, leaving slightly undercooked; spoon eggs over sausage; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out pastry to a 9-inch square; brush with some melted butter.
- Place pastry on baking pan, butter side down; crimp edges.
- Brush with butter; cut 5 steam vents.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.