Recipe by litldarlin
My boyfriend Marvin sent this recipe to me. It looked wonderful so I made it for our Saturday night dinner along with a few other recipes that he also sent to me. I guess he was hinting at something, like can you make these for dinner or something. LOL!!
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sliced small fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, sliced thin
- 1 cup cubes monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 quarts mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Kahlua Vinaigrette:.
- Blend Kahlua, corn syrup, celery salt, paprika and hot pepper sauce together.
- Beat in vinegar and oil. Cover and allow to stand 1 hour or longer to mellow.
- Stir 2 tablespoons dressing into mushrooms.
- When ready to serve, toss mushrooms, apples and cheese in with the mixed salad greens and just enough dressing to moisten.
- Serve & enjoy.
- Variation: Halved seedless grapes or sliced fresh winter pears may be substituted for the apple slices.