Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These rolls have a wonderful crisp crust. Serve them warm from the oven with sweet butter or fresh cottage cheese.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients in the bread machine pan.
- Select dough cycle.
- When the machine beeps, remove the dough from the machine and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down and divide dough into 8 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball. Place rolls in a greased or parchment-lined sheet dusted with cornmeal. Dust rolls lightly with flour.
- Cover rolls loosely with plastic wrap and let them rest for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven ( 400º F ) for about 20 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.
- Note: If the rolls appear to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 5 minutes of baking.
These are very good.It took longer for them to rise double.Next time I will double them.