Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock, made without salt or fat
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄3 cup white rice, uncooked
- Bring the stock to a boil with the green onion and pepper.
- Add the rice; turn down to a simmer and cover; cook for 20 minutes.
- NOTE: If you want drier rice, remove the cover at 20 minutes and heat just a minute or so longer.
- VARIATIONS: Rice made with fish stock can be served with fish, beef-stock rich with beef.
- If you begin adding more vegetables, you will end up with a jambalaya instead of a side course of Country Rice.
This recipe is great!I usually add whatever veggies I have in hand at the time,and it always turns out yummy.
I used dehydrated/minced green onions and prepared ours in the microwave. Thanks Dancer^
This made a easy and flavorful rice. I used beef broth instead of chicken. Thanks Dancer. Bullwinkle