Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Luscious tingly one pot dinner.
- 1 lb country-style pork ribs (about 4 large)
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (sambal olek, more if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard, grainy type
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles (we like garlic flavoured)
- Remove any excess fat from the ribs and season the ribs with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frypan to hot, add the ribs and brown well on all sides; about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove ribs to a plate and keep warm. Reduce heat and add wine, deglaze pan, releasing the brown bits.
- Mix together in a bowl, the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, except the spinach, reserve for later. Add to the wine in the frypan. Stir together and bring to slow simmer then add the browned ribs. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat and stir in the spinach.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles according to the package instructions; drain well.
- Pour ribs and sauce into a large pasta bowl; add the drained noodles, carefully stir to combine.
" What seemed to me, an unusual combination of ingredients provided a "Fantastic Tasting" dinner for DH and me. It's now a "New Favorite" for us. Basically, made exactly as written. I only used 1 Tb. chili-garlic sauce (mine is potent) and it was perfect for us. I needed to use the bag (9oz.) of spinach I had and used it all. This recipe is definitly worth trying and can't believe it wasn't reviewed before. Thank you Derf for this winner.