1/1 Photo of Country Ribs and Sauerkraut
2 hrs 20 mins
out of here's Note:
My family loves sauerkraut this way. My Aunt Florence made her own sauerkraut in a large old crock in her pantry at the farmhouse. This is a down-home (stick to your ribs)dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First brown the ribs in a frying pan.
- 2Take the ribs out of the pan and now fry the bacon until crisp; then add chopped onion. When onion is cooked, add the Yoshida's, brown sugar, and water. Cook until bubbly.
- 3Put the ribs in a 5-quart Dutch oven and bake at 375°F for 2 hours, checking until nice and brown.
- 4When ribs are done, add the sauerkraut mixture and put back in the oven for 30 minutes--this will meld the flavors together.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Ribs and Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.5
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 1374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Yoshida gourmet sauce