Recipe by *OzMan*
This came from a newspaper, and although I prefer beef ribs to pork, this is a very tasty somewhat spicy rib recipe (if you choose it to be). I hope you enjoy. The soy sauce and ketchup have enough salt, so you may or may not want to add any salt, depending on your tastes. Great served with bisquits, spicy baked red beans and Iced Tea or cold beer! Enjoy.
Top Review by Paja
This was just great! I made the sauce as written with the extra garlic and hot sauce, but I did cut down on the soy sauce since I only had regular. I think I would cut down a bit more next time (may 1/4 cup) because they were quite salty.After I browned the ribs I put them in a baking dish, covered them, and put them in a 275 degree oven. I left them for about 3 hours (2 or 2 1/2 would have been enough, I think). Then I uncovered them and coated them with some of the sauce that I had reserved. I broiled them for a few minutes. They were incredibly tender and the flavour was super! Thank you, Ozman for a delicious way to make country style ribs!
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup mild soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed (I add a little more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 2 -3 dashes Frank's red hot sauce (I use a little more) or 2 -3 dashes crystal red hot sauce (I use a little more)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced unpeeled, to garnish
- celery leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut excess fat from ribs, and brown ribs then place in a roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients (other than orange slices and celery leaves) and pour over ribs turning ribs to coat evenly.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and spoon sauce over ribs, leave uncovered and bake an additional 45-60 minutes until the ribs are tender and brown and begining to crisp.
- Serve on a large platter spooning extra sauce over ribs.
- Garnish with orange slices and celery leaves if you like.