Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love rhubarb -- but no one else in my family does so I don't get it very often. Here is a nice pie recipe from Land O'Lakes.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced 1/2-inch fresh rhubarb
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- Combine all filling ingredients except rhubarb and pecans in large bowl. Add rhubarb; toss until well coated.
- Spoon into prepared crust; sprinkle with pecans, if using. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup flour and 2/3 cup sugar in medium bowl; cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle mixture over rhubarb.
- Cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles around edges.
- Remove aluminum foil during last 10 minutes, if desired.
Very good, I will be making this pie again.