Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, shredded (I use low or fat free)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer the onions and next 3 ingredients to a bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk and nutmeg in another bowl.
- Season with salt to taste and stir in onion mixture.
- Pour into pie shell and bake 25-35 minutes or until center is set.
As the other reviewer said, this quiche is excellent.Will make again,when I find a excellent crust. The crust I used wasn't good,and we ended up by eating just your quiche. The only thing I did different was to leave out the nutmeg. Thanks for sharing :0)
Excellent quiche recipe! I used cream instead of the skim milk and whipped the egg mixture in a blender for about 5 minutes and the texture was perfect. My husband loved it. Thanks!