Recipe by GingerlyJ
This recipe is a favorite of one of my dearest friends, anthony. It comes from his mom, Sharla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup biscuits or 3⁄4 cup baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inches of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.