Recipe by Countrywife
A recipe I got years ago from the Apple Hill Cookbook and found it was good with other fruit besides apples. It's easy and quick.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (or canned pumpkin or crushed pineapple or persimmon pulp or other fruit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg and sugar and mix well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and add to egg.
- Mix well.
- Fold in nuts, fruit and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 8-inch pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.