1/2 Photos of Country Pub Mushroom Sauce
Jen T's Note:
This is the recipe used in our local country pub and given to me by the chef. You can also brown some chopped bacon (a smoked bacon is nice) with the mushrooms and follow the recipe to make a very easy entrée served on crisp buttered toast or add some chopped cooked chicken to the sauce (we like it with bacon & chicken) and serve stirred through some hot cooked pasta spirals for a quick meal. It is a very versatile recipe but we like it best served over a nice juicey grilled steak. :) Note: I use a good heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic from a jar in place of the 1 clove garlic because we like garlic and also I season well with freshly ground black pepper & a little salt if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 g butter
- 350 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or 1tsp chicken stock powder in 1/2cup water. I use Maggi stock.)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 garlic clove (more if liked, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped or spring onions sliced) (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Saute the mushrooms in the butter until soft.
- 2If using add in some chopped bacon and continue cooking til this is lightly cooked.
- 3Add wine, stock, cream and garlic.
- 4If using now is the time to add in some cooked chopped chicken.
- 5Bring to a boil and then continue cooking for a few minutes uncovered until thickened to the consistency you like.
- 6Add chives if using and serve either as is over steak etc, or with bacon added over some toast triangles, or with chicken & bacon added over spiral pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Pub Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.1 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g