Country Potatoes Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Combine milk, salt, pepper and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer, cook until slightly thick (about 2 minutes), stirring frequently. Add 4 ounces cheese and ham, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in potatoes.
- Place potato mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until lightly browned and potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.