Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Hearty breakfast skillet potatoes. Can lay a poached egg or fried egg on top of individual servings, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3/4 inch slices (about 2 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, melt the butter with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add in potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Decrease heat to medium; add in red and green onions, salt, pepper, and paprika to taste; cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes; add more oil if needed.
- Serve immediately.