Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
For years, I could not find the exact potato salad that my husband and I both went crazy over. I finally decided to just experiment, and I found the perfect taste that we were looking for. No more "I don't want to bring potato salad to the picnic". Now they beg me to make this. This recipe is easy and magnificent!!
- 6 cups peeled cooked and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion (I like Vidalia)
- 3 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 2 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 dash paprika
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Add chopped celery, onion and chopped egg.
- Pour over potatoes and gently mix (fold in).
- Place in casserole dish.
- Arrange sliced cooked egg over salad.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly over the top.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before eating.