Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus sprigs (to garnish)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled,boiled,and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish or casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, chopped parsley, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Layer potato and tomato slices in the prepared dish, alternating each.
- Sprinkle with herb and garlic mixture, and drizzle with the oil.
- Cover baking dish with foil; marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer casserole, still covered with foil, to oven and bake until vegetables are heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately.