Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Stove top cooking at it's best. Very tasty and filling, almost like a veggie stew served with the steak. I think this would work an many different kinds of meats. I got this out of a magazine many years ago.
- 4 pork shoulder steaks, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 small new potatoes, peeled (1 lb.)
- 4 medium carrots, thick sliced (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Large skillet, medium heat.
- Cook onion in the oil; push to one side.
- Trim extra fat from steaks.
- Coat with flour.
- Brown well on both sides in skillet.
- Stir in undiluted soup.
- Add mushrooms and their juices.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat and veggies are tender.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is one of our favorite recipes. I did not brown the pork, but put in pot with 2 cans chicken broth, 2 c. fine cabbage instead of potatoes, although sometimes potatoes too. I added 1 can drained green beans and 1 T. minced garlic. Added the rest except no salt. SO tasty! Actually I added my own homemade dry cream soup mix instead of cr/mushroom, but good both ways. And EASY!
This was good! I used 2 cans of soup and it turned out perfect. I also only had russet potatoes and baby carrots. I loved the addition of rosemary. The meat did turn out tender like you said. Very quick and inexpensive meal to make. Instead of cooking it on my stove top I used my electric skillet. Thanks- i'll be using this quite often especially when it's chilly outside.