Recipe by Skeeter
These hearty ribs feature a lip-smacking sauce that's deliciously tangy with just the right hint of sweetness. Prep. time does not include refrigeration time. Great with other meats too.
Top Review by Carole
Sauce was very flavorful and different (I used orange juice but no hot sauce). I made 1/2 of the recipe and used 1/2 of that to cover 4 pounds of ribs as they cooked in crock pot for 8 hours. The portion I reserved was quite yummy made into the sauce I used for the "pulled pork" I had when the ribs were done cooking.
- 1 cup grapefruit juice or 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs.
- Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from the ribs.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and reserved marinade.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Baste ribs with some of the sauce.
- Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.