Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This can be prepared the night before and stored in the crock in the fridge. Next morning, place the crock in the cooker and turn it on. When you come home, you'll be welcomed by a hot hearty meal.
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs, cut into serving size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- In a large plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper. Drop meat into bag and coat ribs with flour mixture; reserve leftover flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook meat, a few pieces at a time, until well browned on all sides Remove pieces as they brown.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir reserved flour into drippings and stir until blended. Gradually stir in apple cider. Simmer to thicken to gravy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In 6 qt crock pot, add potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Top with meat. Pour on gravy. Cover crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.