Top Review by Jess21590
This was horrible! Followed recipe exactly the gravy was watery and tasted not so good. So I had to more flour and 2 chicken bouillan cubes plus a can of mushroom soup & paprika. Then the pork was not tender at all very tough cooked it for 55 min. The only reason my family ate it was cuz I made the gravy better. I wouldn't have ate it otherwise and I'm not a picky person!
- 8 center-cut pork chops (1 1/2" thick)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions (, 1/8" thick)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 deg.
- In 10" skillet brown pork chops over med-high heat (1-2 min per side).
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place in 13x9" baking pan and cover with onions.
- Add chicken broth, thyme and garlic powder to skillet drippings.
- Stir; pour over pork chops and onions.
- Cover with foil; bake for 60-70 min.
- or until tender.
- Place on serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour liquid from baking pan into 10" skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil (1-2 min).
- Meanwhile, in jar with lid, combine water, flour, salt and pepper; shake to mix.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into hot liquid in skillet.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil; boil 1 min.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until heated through (1-2 min).
- Serve gravy over pork chops.
- (Gravy also good on baked potatoes).