Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This satisfying supper, smothered in a golden sauce seasoned with thyme, is truly spirit-warming.
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook pork and onion in oil until meat is browned; drain. Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.