Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
MMMMMMMMMM! Great pie!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll pastry on floured surface to form 13-inch circle.
- Fit into 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim edges, flute and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, eggs, brown sugar, and melted butter in large bowl.
- Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in flour and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange pecans on top.
- Bake 40 th 45 minutes until center of filling is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Enjoyed this pecan pie a lot, and considering that I live in Southern Alabama pecan country that's saying a bunch! Nice flavor and texture. Baked up nice and heavy. I always add more pecans than it calls for due to personal preferences. I put in a dash of salt too. If you prefer a pie that is a little milder in flavor you can use 1/2 white corn syrup and 1/2 dark corn syrup. It'll still be a great pie!
I like my pecan pie really dark and rich, so I usually substitute 1/4 c. of corn syrup with molasses, and I always use dark brown sugar. My boyfriend loves it, esp. with a scoop of caramel swirl ice cream on top.