Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed or 1 (16 ounce) canpitted tart red cherries (water pack)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 medium pears, peeled,cored,and thinly sliced (3 cups, 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- If using canned cherrie, drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine frozen or canned cherries and reserved juice; add sugar and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine flour, peel, and cinnamon; sprinkle over cherries.
- Toss to mix.
- Add pears; toss to mix.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart square baking dish.
- Combine granola and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven about 30 minutes or until pears are tender.
- If necessary, to prevent overbrowning, cover with foil the last 5 to 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve warm with Icecream.