Recipe by MrsK
Like with the "Cranberry Toast" (find recipe in this web site), I found this in the pages of a Better Homes & Gardens magazine. It is delicious and I like to serve with Christmas dinner.
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallots or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, shelled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup port wine or 1⁄3 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (fine)
- 2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork (I like to use spicy sausage)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 11 first ingredients. Add to ground meats, mixing very well. Press mixture into 9" x 5" x 3" pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let cool slightly and uncover, pouring off drippings. Cover with foil. Put heavy food cans inside another 9x5x3 pan. Place this pan on top of pate and chill overnight.
- Remove weights and foil Loosen sides if necessary and invert onto serving platter. (Can also be wrapped in plastic wrap and chilled 2 days.) Cut pate into thin slices and serve with "Cranberry Toast.".