- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 4 teaspoons minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced (your favorite variety)
- 2 cups tomato sauce or 2 cups canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta or 4 cups ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and tomato sauce, stirring to combine.
- Cook about 10 minutes, or until heated thoroughly and mushrooms are softened.
- Add the olives and crushed red pepper, cooking for a few more minutes.
- In serving bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the sauce, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.