Recipe by Queenmegenta
This is a recipe that I got from a friend's Southern Granny. These pancakes are light and custardy. Served with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown sugar makes them delightful.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor and combine well.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Fry in butter with a teaspoon of olive oil added to butter to prevent burning.
- Fry on a griddle or in non-stick pan until golden.
- Serve with Syrup or my Mum's favorite, freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown sugar.
- These pancakes are light with a custard like center.
- Absolutely delicious.