Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a recipe that I got from a friend's Southern Granny. These pancakes are light and custardy. Served with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown sugar makes them delightful.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor and combine well.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Fry in butter with a teaspoon of olive oil added to butter to prevent burning.
- Fry on a griddle or in non-stick pan until golden.
- Serve with Syrup or my Mum's favorite, freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown sugar.
- These pancakes are light with a custard like center.
- Absolutely delicious.
very delightful. although they are a little on the greasy side, the cottage cheese really enhances the aroma and the fluffy taste.
Liked 'em but fell short of "love." VERY quick to make using the blender---which also creams the cottage cheese nicely. Next time I would at least DOUBLE the recipe for my family of 5 b-i-g eaters! Reminds me of the ones my gramma made 40-some years ago....nice!
These were really good!! I don't usually like pancakes but these were different. They were so light. Not heavy at all like pancakes sometimes are. I will be making these again. Thanks Queenmagenta!!