1/4 Photos of Country Omelet
This delicious omelet should be served open-face and not folded.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 slice smoked ham, diced (about ¼ lb)
- 2 chorizo sausage, simmered 5 minutes,then diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely diced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion (white part only)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- 1Preheat broiler to a moderate heat.
- 2In a skillet heat 1 T butter and the olive oil; add diced ham and sausages and saute for about 2 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 3Remove ham and sausages and reserve.
- 4Add potato to pan; saute until soft and golden brown.
- 5Combine eggs with parsley and green onion; season with salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in ham and sausages.
- 7Pour egg mixture into pan.
- 8Blend quickly with the potato and cook over moderate heat, shaking the pan a few times to prevent sticking.
- 9When the edge of the omelette starts to set, put the remaining butter on the edge of the omelette and tilt pan to let butter flow around it.
- 10After about 2 minutes, sprinkle omelet with grated cheese, put pan under a medium broiler to brown the top and melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.0
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 508.7 mg
- Sodium 1073.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g