Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We just love food like this in our house...can you go wrong with eggs, cheese, potato, nuts, and a dollop of sour cream to boot? This omelet is served from the skillet, cut into pie-shaped pieces.
- Melt 1 T. butter in a wide nonstick skillet over medium heat; add walnuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Remove nuts with slotted spoon onto a plate and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 T. butter at medium (or medium-low) heat and add potato and onion to skillet, stirring, until potato is soft, but only lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from pan to another plate and set aside.
- Remove any particles from pan, reduce heat to medium-low. Coat skillet with 1 t. olive oil.
- Beat eggs lightly, add to pan and cook, gently lifting cooked portion to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- When top of omelet is almost set but still moist, sprinkle evenly with potato-onion mixture, Swiss cheese, parsley and salt to taste. (Cover, if desired, to cook 1 minute until omelet looks "dry.").
- Mound sour cream in center of omelet.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve from the pan.