Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have made these for the last 3 years as gifts for sunday school teachers, the mail carrier, the woman who does my hair, etc and they have received rave reviews. Everyone who receives them asks for them the following year. Enjoy them
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Using a 1 quart jar, layer in the ingredients in the order given.
- Pack down the jar after each addition.
- Replace the lid and cover with an 8 inch circle of fabric.
- Secure the fabric with a rubber band, cover the rubber band with a piece of ribbon or raffia around the lid.
- Attach a tag to the ribbon with the following instructions:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup softened butter, with 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add the entire contents of the jar and mix by hand until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 mins in a preheated oven.
Thank you for not only a really good oatmeal cookie recipe, but one proportioned perfectly for gift giving and for excellent instructions, including size of jar. I made a batch of these before giving, and they were really yummy. Thank you!
This is almost the exact recipe I lost that I was looking for. When moving it "disappeared" and I was happy to find it here. I do everything the same but I only add 2/3 cup of sugar as my original called for.
So easy to assemble. When baking the cookies, I found that they "flattened" quite a bit. However, they were still good! PAC Spring '07