I've made biscuits and gravy for years in many different ways. Once I hit on the idea of using buttermilk I knew I had a keeper. Hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In med sauce pan heat milk, salt and pepper to a low boil on med to med high heat. (you need to stir frequently so milk does not scorch.).
- 2Whisk 1/2 cup flour and the 1/2 cup milk to a slurry and slowly stir into hot milk. (at this point you will want to stir constantly as the flour will have a tendency to collect on the bottom of the pan and burn.).
- 3Reduce to simmer stirring constantly for 10 minutes or so until gravy reaches desired thickness. (Simmering will cook the flour and remove the pasty flavor. Gravy will thicken a little more as it cools.).
- 4This is good by itself but you can also add your favorite meat for additional flavor. Serve over your favorite biscuit recipe.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Milk Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 1255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g