1/5 Photos of Country Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This meatloaf recipe has been in my 3-ring binder of recipes clipped and pasted from magazines for a long time. I think it may originally have been from Good Housekeeping magazine. Anyway, it's one of the best meatloafs I've ever had and I'm posting it on Zaar for safekeeping!Leftovers make GREAT meatloaf sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 slices white bread or 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg (can use an egg substitute such as Eggbeaters)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1In medium frying pan over medium heat, saute onion and celery until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Into large bowl, tear bread into small pieces.
- 3Add onion mixture, ground beef, carrot,salt,pepper,egg, and 1/2 of tomato sauce and mix well with a spoon.
- 4Turn mixture into a meatloaf pan( I use one with an insert that lets any grease drip to the bottom of the pan) and shape into a loaf.
- 5If not using a meatloaf pan, in a 12" by 8" baking dish, shape mixture into a 8" by 4" loaf.
- 6In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, and remaining tomato sauce.
- 7Spoon mixture evenly over meatloaf in pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Serve meatloaf warm or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.1 mg
- Sodium 620.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g