Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 5 medium potatoes (about 2 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Peel potatoes and cut in 1/8ths.
- Place in lg pot, add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook on med-lo for 15 min, or until soft.
- Drain well.
- Add all ing except milk.
- Beat with mixer on med till mixed well.
- Add milk, a little at a time, beating till smooth and creamy.
Really great flavour! Very creamy & rich-tasting even though I used fat free evaporated milk. I loved the amount of pepper but it was a bit of a kick - I would cut back a bit if serving to guests that weren't into spicy foods. The colour was a little odd but the potatoes looked fine next to some bright veggies.
oops,I posted the wrong pic,Please remove my veggies(sorry) However,Very good mashed potatoes :)
Great recipe! I left out the basil and used regular milk. I also mashed them lightly with a potato masher to keep a bit of texture. Thanks!