Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in a Taste of Home recipe book. I added alittle of my own touch to this. Haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.
- 3 quarts water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 16 ounces amercian cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, bring water and chicken bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Add celery, onion, green peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add elbow macaroni, cover and return to boil, boil 4 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meantime, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour,stir til smooth.
- Add both milks gradually.
- Stir constantly mixing milk and flour mixture until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain macaroni and add to milk and flour mixture.
- Serve hot.