Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A tastey cake to enjoy with a cup of tea!!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 lemon, rind of, of grated
- In a largr bowl, beat the sugar and oil together using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs 1 at a time,beating after each addition.
- Add yougart.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and lemon peel.
- Add flour mixture to sugar-oil mixture.
- blend well to incorporate.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch tube pan,shaking out excess flour.
- Pour in batter and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely, and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.