Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe came from an old cookbook that belonged to my grandmother. I have eaten this at her house, and it was always a treat for me.
Top Review by Derf
Miss Annie, this was a very nice change, the spices and raisins with the applesauce was a real taste treat!Nice over the noodles, it took about 50 minutes in my oven and the chops were perfect. I did cut the recipe in half, 3 pork chops, DH ate two. It would make a nice, easy company dish, no fuss, no muss, with time with guests. Thanks for sharing.
- 6 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in heavy skillet, remove and keep warm.
- Combine applesauce, raisins, salt, spices in skillet and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Add fruit mixture to noodles; mixing well.
- Arrange noodles in a large greased 2 quart casserole.
- Top with browned chops, cover and bake at 325ºF for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chops are tender.