Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from an old cookbook that belonged to my grandmother. I have eaten this at her house, and it was always a treat for me.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in heavy skillet, remove and keep warm.
- Combine applesauce, raisins, salt, spices in skillet and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Add fruit mixture to noodles; mixing well.
- Arrange noodles in a large greased 2 quart casserole.
- Top with browned chops, cover and bake at 325ºF for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chops are tender.
Miss Annie, this was a very nice change, the spices and raisins with the applesauce was a real taste treat!Nice over the noodles, it took about 50 minutes in my oven and the chops were perfect. I did cut the recipe in half, 3 pork chops, DH ate two. It would make a nice, easy company dish, no fuss, no muss, with time with guests. Thanks for sharing.
Very good recipe! I cooked exactly as directed and we thought it was a nice "Comfort Meal" on this cold night