Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another from my friend who lives in the country on a farm and whose tins are always full :)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt together the butter, golden syrup and water.
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour over the melted mixture and add the vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Put on cold tray in teaspoonfuls and press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350'F.
- Remove from oven but leave on tray for 5mins approximately before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
These were a little dry to mix up but nothing that a little extra water couldn't fix. Had to add a little more time to the bake time as a result. Tasted great and not as sicly sweet as some recipes.
These baked up wonderfully....a beaut biscuit, great for dunking :) These bring back great memories, as a kid homemade Anzac bickies were often in the tin. Thanks for sharing!