Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These pork chops are tender and juicy. They originated at the County Jam weekend fest here in Wisconsin. No one wanted to eat on time so I cooked them this way so they could eat at the camper when they returned from the concert. They loved them then and we still make them this way when we get the urge because they are so easy and delicious. You can alter the seasoning to suit your
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, do not drain (I use the Pieces & stems type)
- onion salt
- Sprinkle chops with onion salt and pepper.
- Brown pork chops in oiled pan or grill do not cooks through.
- Put chops in covered casserole and pour mushrooms and juices over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour.
This was really good, I served it with fries and fresh asparagus...the only thing was that we found it very salty! So next time I would make it with onion powder instead of onion salt. The "juice" for the mushrooms provides lots already!
Easy and delicious way to have pork thats low fat. I used garlic powder in place of the onion salt. I served it with a large vegatable salad and black eyed peas.
I fried up a couple of onions and lots of garlic to add to this but it still came out a little too bland for my taste. Very easy to do though!