Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy breakfast casserole
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packageknorr leek soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°; coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 10-inch skillet over high heat, cook the sausage, breaking it into smaller pieces, until it loses its pink color.
- Drain off the fat; return to skillet and add in onion; cook, stirring, until it is softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl; add in the hash browns.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, soup mix, mayonnaise, milk, and flour.
- Fold the egg mixture into the sausage mixture and pour into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the cheese and bake 25 minutes, until the casserole is set.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.