Country Ham with Red-Eye Gravy
- Fry ham slices in large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until nicely browned; set aside and keep warm.
- Drain off all but one or so tablespoons of the drippings; add the flour and stir until it browns lightly.
- Pour cold coffee into the pan and whisk into flour mixture, mixing well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, bringing up all bits from the bottom of the pan, until gravy thickens.
- Place ham on plate and pour gravy on top.
- Serve with biscuits, grits, or whatever tickles your fancy.