Recipe by daisygrl64
Brown sugar glazed apples add heartwarming goodness to ham steak. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was so easy to make and tasted so good!! I used my mandolin to slice the apples thin and they cooked up quickly. Made as written and doubled the recipe for leftovers! Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups tart apples, cored, sliced 1/8-inch
- 1 lb ham steak
Directions See How It's Made
- in 10" skillet melt butter until sizzling, stir in brown sugar and mustard.
- add apples, cook over medium heat stiring occasionally until apples are crispy tender.
- place ham steak in same skillet, arranging apples on ham steak.
- cover, continue cooking until ham steak is heated through.