Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Brown sugar glazed apples add heartwarming goodness to ham steak. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups tart apples, cored, sliced 1/8-inch
- 1 lb ham steak
- in 10" skillet melt butter until sizzling, stir in brown sugar and mustard.
- add apples, cook over medium heat stiring occasionally until apples are crispy tender.
- place ham steak in same skillet, arranging apples on ham steak.
- cover, continue cooking until ham steak is heated through.
This was so easy to make and tasted so good!! I used my mandolin to slice the apples thin and they cooked up quickly. Made as written and doubled the recipe for leftovers! Made for Everyday Holiday.
Very easy tasty recipe. I baked the ham 375 for 30 minutes basting the apples twice. I used brown Splenda sugar sub. and a grainy mustard. I smeared the mustard on the steaks and sprinkled the sugar over the mustard then placed the apples on top Mmmm We enjoyed them very much
Easy and my two dd who are picky eaters gave it thumbs up.