Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served with wheat crackers as an appetizer or snack, or used as a spread for ham-salad sandwiches. It is a great way to use up leftover ham. Finely diced onions would be a nice addition, too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground ham
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Place ham, cream cheese, pecans and mustard in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Or, stir all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Best if allowed to sit for a few hours for flavors to blend.
This was very good! I added some green olives and onions to mine and cut back a bit on the mustard. Thanks for sharing.
Easy, flavorful and a great way to make use of leftover Easter ham. Mine was pretty tangy as I used a whole grain European style mustard. I really like the addition of the pecans. Thanks for the recipe!
This is so super easy. I prepared as directed; I "ground" my ham by chopping it coarsely & then throwing it in the food processor before putting my other items in. I was a *little* short of 1.5 cups of ham, so cut everything else back a bit. I added about a 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion too. Yum. Served it stuffed inside whole-wheat pitas with lettuce, tomatoes and tomato soup - delish. This really would be great with a hearty cracker too - which I'm sure I will try at some point. This is a great recipe to use up leftover ham - maybe after EASTER? :D