Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
So nice for a weekend morning.
- 1 single crust pie shells or 1 pastry dough
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup ham, cooked and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
- Stir in ham, cheeses, pepper and red pepper.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pastry shell.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.
My family didn't care too awfully much for it, but I didn't mind, because this was beautiful and smelled amazing!! I don't eat the main ingredients in this due to stomach problems, but if I had, I KNOW it would have been 100% perfect! So, bravoooooo on an amazing and easy (wow-don't get that combo often!) meal! Served with mini blueberry waffles from my new waffle iron.
And K-U-W, beautiful picture!!!
made this for Brunch--added green peppers . It turned out beautifully and was very good.Going to add mushrooms,sausage and onion next time. Hubby really liked it. Thanks for sharing.
GREAT QUICHE! I had it for breakfast this morning and it reheated quickly in the microwave for dinner tonight! I used 1/4 tsp red pepper because I was totally out of black pepper ~ I had only 1/4 cup mozzarella, so I added 4-ounces of minced Swiss and also added 1 T dried chives. Made for Andi's MAY FARM COOKING in the Photo forum.