Recipe by Jess_FinsUp
This is very similiar to one offered by one of the local grocery stores here. Except they charge you almost $10.00 for it. Our family always makes an assortment of "finger foods" for our get-togethers. This is a good choice for grazing at a party! Please note that the prep/cook time does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by alligirl
I'm a country ham fiend, and really enjoyed this 'ham ball!' I think a friend of mine makes one very similar, but I've never asked for the recipe, and now, I don't have too! I think the secret is the liquid smoke...Thanks fro sharing, Jess_FinsUp!
- 1 cup diced cooked country ham
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (8 ounce) package slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a large bowl.
- Form into a large ball, or two smaller balls, if you prefer.
- Pour the almonds into a pie plate, or onto a dinner plate.
- Roll the ball(s) in the almonds to coat.
- Place into a bowl or on a plate and refrigerate until firm.