Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very similiar to one offered by one of the local grocery stores here. Except they charge you almost $10.00 for it. Our family always makes an assortment of "finger foods" for our get-togethers. This is a good choice for grazing at a party! Please note that the prep/cook time does not include refrigeration time.
- Combine all ingredients, except almonds, in a large bowl.
- Form into a large ball, or two smaller balls, if you prefer.
- Pour the almonds into a pie plate, or onto a dinner plate.
- Roll the ball(s) in the almonds to coat.
- Place into a bowl or on a plate and refrigerate until firm.
I'm a country ham fiend, and really enjoyed this 'ham ball!' I think a friend of mine makes one very similar, but I've never asked for the recipe, and now, I don't have too! I think the secret is the liquid smoke...Thanks fro sharing, Jess_FinsUp!