Southern Living Apr 2012
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 3/4 cup chopped country ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups hot pasta water.
- 2Cook ham in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove ham, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain on paper towels.
- 3Sauté shallots in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved pasta water to shallots and garlic; bring to boil.
- 4Stir in hot cooked pasta, and remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks, 1 at a time.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy. Remove from heat; add cooked ham, Parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients.
- 6Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Ham Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 548.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g