Recipe by Sassy in da South
This recipe offers you a variation from the traditional sausage balls. This recipe is served at many Kentucky Derby parties each year where it orginated from. Enjoy them anything! Quantity will depend on the size of the ham balls that you make.
- 4 cups country ham, cooked & ground
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ham, bread crumbs, eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Form into small balls and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix the vinegar, water, brown sugar and mustard in a separate bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the ham tballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until brown.